Information for Hiring Managers
Hiring managers who connect with Encore Bears-LinkedIn Group members will conduct interviews, manage hiring decisions and follow the existing retiree rehire approval procedures consistent with current practice. Central Human Resources staff will continue to manage the retiree rehire approval process including securing the rehire approval from the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources.
If you would like to identify a retiree for a temporary position in your unit, please send a job description to Encore Bears at the following email address:
Consistent with current practice, the retiree rehire packet must be prepared and submitted to Central Human Resources and includes the following items.
- Retired Employee Approval Form, UBEN 138
- UC Berkeley Supplement to the Retired Employee Approval Form, UBEN 138
- Job Description
- Completed UCRP Rehired Retiree Election Form, UBEN 1039
The CSS-HR Partner or Dept. HR Liaison reviews the packet for accuracy and proper department signature before forwarding to the Rehire Retiree email address at: email@example.com
For further information about the retiree rehire process, click here.
Please note the UC Regents Policy 7706 which applies to the reemployment of UC retirees remains in effect for retirees reemployed through Encore Bears.
Several key features of the Regents Policy 7706 for rehired retirees include:
- The appointment must be approved by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources.
- The appointment is the equivalent of 43% time over a 12-month period.
- The appointment may be renewed for a 12-month period with a demonstrated business need.
- Appointments exceeding 24 months are exceptions to policy and must be re-approved by the Chancellor.
If you would like to learn more about Regents Policy 7706 – Reemployment of UC Retired Employees into Senior Management Group and Staff Positions, click here.